Dietitians are the only health professional qualified to be providing nutrition counselling to clients. Dietitians are a regulated health professional in all provinces in Canada. Extended health and benefit plans that support nutrition counselling should refer to registered dietitians.
How Dietitians Protect the Public
For any booking questions or comments:
Tool Kits & Resources
Elaine Paetkau is a Registered Dietitian in Prince George working in private practice. She has over 15 years of experience in the Dietetics Profession. This experience includes international development, eating disorders, geriatrics, cancer care, obesity, prenatal, mental health, and community nutrition. Building positive eating skills and a trusting relationship with food is her foundation for all types of counselling. She is also a homeschool mom by day and beginner home cheesemaker by night!
- B.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition at the University of Alberta
- One year Coordinated Dietetics Internship in BC and Alberta
- Sports Supplements Course completed May 2013
- Basic theory for YMCA Individual Conditioning 2014
- Full CV
- College of the Dietitians of British Columbia
- Dietitians of Canada
- Consulting Registered Dietitians Network of Canada
- Addictions and Mental Health Network of Canada
Hours of Operation
- Mondays from 9-5 pm located at ABC Communications
- Fee is $90.00/hour (extended health receipts provided).